The Certificate in Human Resources Management is aimed at developing an appreciation and understanding of Human Resources Management. The programme integrates various functional areas of Human Resources with business strategy so as to provide a business orientation in the practice of Human Resources Management. The programme also addresses the implementation of strategy and the importance of aligning Human Resource practices so that they are internally consistent and produce the skills and behaviors required to make a given strategy work.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
This programme, led by distinguished IBS faculty who are recognized experts in their fields, provides the participant with management framework tool box of skills including decision making, planning, communication, and critical analysis techniques necessary in the area of Human Resource Management.
The Certificate Human Resource Management enhances participant careers, and also widens the scope of fundamental knowledge of strategic human resource management.
ORGANISING PRINCIPLES AND VALUES
In designing the course, its content, and operating procedures, we have tried to adhere to a number of basic beliefs and values that are worth making explicit:
1. Responsibility: The students in the course are responsible, both individually and collectively, in large measure for what goes on both in the classroom and outside of class. What you learn from your project depends on the effort you and your colleagues expand and what you do to apply the course concepts.
2. Implementing the principles we are learning: We have tried to organize and run the course in ways consistent with the ideas we are teaching. These include an emphasis on teams, mutual trust and respect, and information sharing.
WHO SHOULD STUDY HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT?
Working professionals, fresh graduates and fast track individuals who wish to gain competence and also obtain a recognised Certificate in Human Resource Management.
This Certificate Programme is packaged to be delivered over three (3) months: weekdays and weekend.
– Ability to think systematically and strategically about aspect of managing the organization human assets.
– A good understanding of deployment of critical factors to achieve competitive advantage through people with particular attention to Nigeria environment.
The Programme shall be classified into topics and the course code will be tagged HRM (Human Resource Management)
HRM 501: Change Management
HRM 502: Workplace Industrial Relation
HRM 503: Introduction to Human Resource Management
HRM 504: Strategic Human Resource Management
HRM 505: Business and Professional Ethics
HRM 506: Managing People, Team Management
HRM 507: Corporate Governance
HRM 508: Developing Talent and Leadership
HRM 509: Effective Communication
HRM 510: Organizing Behaviour
Thirty percent (30%) of your grade will be based on mid – programme test, designed to test your knowledge and your ability to use it in a real situation to make recommendations for action.
Fifty percent (50%) of your grade will be based on the group project. You can do this project with your study group. Instructions for the group project are given by the course instructor. What is important for you to know is that:
a) The group projects will be presented in class;
b) The written, final version of the project will be due on the day and at the time your group presents in class- late projects will not be graded; and
c) The group project is intended to help you apply the concepts learned in the course; see their relevance in a real field situation.
Twenty percent (20%) of your grade will be based on your class participation. Your class participation will be based importantly on the evaluations made by your peers as well as evaluations made by the course instructor.
WHY CHOOSE IFE BUSINESS SCHOOL?
IFE Business School is a leading Business School that provides advanced learning opportunities that strengthen the leadership capacity of both individuals and their organizations. Unlike any other, the IBS executive education learning model immerses the participants in a transformational experiences that transcends the acquisition of knowledge, skills, and tools and fosters professional, intellectual, and personal development. Every programme challenges participants to grow as leaders, to shape powerful ideas into decisive action plans, and to think and manage differently in a changing business world.
IBS MISSION AND STRATEGIC GOALS
Our mission is “to be a leading institution in generating new business ideas and empowering people with skills required to operate effectively in the dynamic and multi-cultural global business world”.
In order to achieve this mission the school seeks to:
• Provide high potential professional with a general management education which stresses professional ethics and service to the community through the practice of management.
• Have a positive impact on professional and ethical standards of business management in Nigeria.
Business has become global, complex and strikingly turbulent. Management gurus are warning that knowledge in the new economy becomes obsolete very quickly. New skills and competences are required to continue to make sense and decisions in a fast – paced corporate environment.
The strategic goals of IBS programme are to:
• Provide access to high quality management education aimed at improving the quality, relevance and the efficiency of executive education.
• Prepare (our students) to succeed in a rapidly changing technology-driven global business environment; and
• Focus on developing leadership and other managerial skills to improve the practice of management and shaping leaders who will create, redefine and build cutting-edge product, services, markets and organization.
PHILOSOPHY – Every IBS executive education experience is shaped by the school’s cross-functional approach to general management, its innovative teaching methodologies, and a unique learning environment that promotes teamwork and collaboration.
IFE Business School faculty members are widely recognized as skilled educators, who through consulting, and teaching, have leverage their expertise and field based research to create new knowledge and enduring concept that shape the practice of management. Others serve as advisers, consultants and directors of companies also join the core faculty to present special topics, conveying their specific insights to further enrich the learning experience.
TEACHING METHODOLOGY- The adult learning approach using;
• Short lectures
• Case studies
• Discussion and sharing of experiences
CASE METHOD – The case method is one of the most effective tools for teaching general management and leadership especially to practicing managers. Case studies offer multiple levels of learning, compelling participants to identify relevant issues and to apply practical lessons to their own organization.
ALUMNI STATUS- After completing the Programme, participants become alumni of IFE Business School with exclusive access to:
• A 10-percent discount on all IBS Executive Education Open-Enrollment programmes.
• A lifelong IBS email forwarding address and lots of other benefits.
• Free access to IBS journal of Business and Management
IBS CORE VALUE- The programme will continue delivering value after you return to work to help you achieve the personal and professional goals you set for yourself during the programme, the faculty will send you a follow up reminders. You will also be able to draw on a valuable network of peers for advice and support.
For any information contact:
IFE Business School
10, Abayomi Omisore Avenue,
Off Ede Road Parakin Layout,
Tel: 08026013535, 07033308774,