The Certificate in General Management acquaints the participants with effective managerial skills and business development techniques plus knowledge of finance and project management. It also helps the participants to develop their own management style, manage information and communication, plan, and manage resources and recruitments. The programme also deals with ways to effectively manage people and provides solution to people’s management issues.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
This programme, anchored by distinguished IBS faculty who are record-breaking experts in their fields, provides the management framework tool box of skills including decision making, problem solving, planning, organization, communication, teamwork and critical thinking skills necessary within the area of management to build and sustain competitive advantages.
– To broaden the fundamental knowledge of business and management education to help participants pursue their career effectively and profitably in competitive business environment.
– The Certificate in General Management sets out clear guidelines for effective management by helping participants develop their own management style, manage information and communication, plan and manage resources and recruitments.
– The programme will expose participants to business management, finance, supervisory management, business development, project management and other key management skills.
ORGANISING PRINCIPLES AND VALUES
In designing the course, its content, and operating procedures, we have tried to adhere to a number of basic beliefs and values that are worth making explicit:
1. Responsibility: The students in the course are responsible, both individually and collectively, in large measure for what goes on both in the classroom and outside of class. What you learn from your project depends on the effort you and your colleagues expand and what you do to apply the course concepts.
2. Implementing the Principles We Are Learning: We have tried to organize and run the course in ways consistent with the ideas we are teaching. These include an emphasis on teams, mutual trust and respect, and information sharing.
WHO SHOULD STUDY GENERAL MANAGEMENT?
• Working professionals such as managers, lawyers, employees of public and private sector etc. looking forward to obtain more skills and knowledge in general management. Also fresh graduate and fast track individuals who want to start career in field of General Management.
This Certificate Programme is packaged to be delivered over three (3) months: weekdays and weekends.
– The programme provides the participants skills to develop their management styles to effectively manage people, information and communication and provide solutions to people management issues.
The Programme shall be classified into topics as:
GM 500: Strategic Management Processes
GM 501: Strategic Thinking and Decision-Making Processes
GM 502: Transactional Analysis for Managerial Effectiveness
GM 503: Theories of Management
GM 504: Preparation and Presentation of Project Reports
GM 505: Corporate Law
GM 506: Human Resource Management
GM 507: Financial Management
GM 508: Training and Development
GM 509: Effective Communication and Time Management
GM 510: Environmental Scanning
Thirty percent (30%) of your grade will be based on mid – programme test, designed to test your knowledge and your ability to use it in a real situation to make recommendations for action.
Fifty percent (50%) of your grade will be based on the group project. You can do this project with your study group. Instructions for the group project are given by the course instructor. What is important for you to know is that:
a) The group projects will be presented in class;
b) The written, final version of the project will be due on the day and at the time your group presents in class- late projects will not be graded; and
c) The group project is intended to help you apply the concepts learned in the course; see their relevance in a real field situation.
Twenty percent (20%) of your grade will be based on your class participation. Your class participation will be based importantly on the evaluations made by your peers as well as evaluations made by the course instructor.
WHY CHOOSE IFE BUSINESS SCHOOL?
IFE Business School is a leading Business School that provides advanced learning opportunities that strengthen the leadership capacity of both individuals and their organizations. Unlike any other, the IBS executive education learning model immerses the participants in a transformational experiences that transcends the acquisition of knowledge, skills, and tools and fosters professional, intellectual, and personal development. Every programme challenges participants to grow as leaders, to shape powerful ideas into decisive action plans, and to think and manage differently in a changing business world.
IBS MISSION AND STRATEGIC GOALS
Our mission is “to be a leading institution in generating new business ideas and empowering people with skills required to operate effectively in the dynamic and multi-cultural global business world”.
In order to achieve this mission the school seeks to:
• Provide high potential professional with a general management education which stresses professional ethics and service to the community through the practice of management.
• Have a positive impact on professional and ethical standards of business management in Nigeria.
Business has become global, complex and strikingly turbulent. Management gurus are warning that knowledge in the new economy becomes obsolete very quickly. New skills and competences are required to continue to make sense and decisions in a fast – paced corporate environment.
The strategic goals of IBS programme are to:
• Provide access to high quality management education aimed at improving the quality, relevance and the efficiency of executive education.
• Prepare (our students) to succeed in a rapidly changing technology-driven global business environment; and
• Focus on developing leadership and other managerial skills to improve the practice of management and shaping leaders who will create, redefine and build cutting-edge product, services, markets and organization.
Every IBS executive education experience is shaped by the school’s cross-functional approach to general management, its innovative teaching methodologies, and a unique learning environment that promotes teamwork and collaboration.
IFE Business School faculty members are widely recognized as skilled educators, who through consulting, and teaching, have leverage their expertise and field based research to create new knowledge and enduring concept that shape the practice of management. Others who serve as advisers, consultants and directors of companies also join the core faculty to present special topics, conveying their specific insights to further enrich the learning experience.
TEACHING METHODOLOGY- The adult learning approach using;
• Short lectures
• Case studies
• Discussion and sharing of experiences.
CASE METHOD – The case method is one of the most effective tools for teaching general management and leadership especially to practicing managers. Case studies offer multiple levels of learning, compelling participants to identify relevant issues and to apply practical lessons to their own organization.
ALUMNI STATUS- After completing the Programme, participants become alumni of IFE Business School with exclusive access to:
• A 10-percent discount on all IBS Executive Education Open-Enrollment programmes.
• A lifelong IBS email forwarding address and lots of other benefits.
• Free access to IBS journal of Business and Management.
IBS CORE VALUE
The programme will continue delivering value after you return to work to help you achieve the personal and professional goals you set for yourself during the programme, the faculty will send you a follow up reminders. You will also be able to draw on a valuable network of peers for advice and support.
For any information contact:
IFE Business School
10, Abayomi Omisore Avenue,
Off Ede Road Parakin Layout,
Tel: 08026013535, 07033308774,